This section describes Czechoslovak units created within the Royal Air Force on British Isles during World War Two. Beyond four combat squadrons (three fighter and one bomber) there was established also Czechoslovak flight withing a RAF squadron. The last flying unit was Czechoslovak Operational Training Flight.
Two more administrative units were created already on 12th July 1940:
Czechoslovak Inspectorate General (CIG)
Headquarters of Czechoslovak Air Force within the RAF based in London led by AVM RNDr. Karel Janoušek, KCB. Purpose of this unit was the command of all Czechoslovak units and also serves as a liasion point between British Air Ministry and Czechoslovak units and airmen.
Every Czechoslovak airman serving in the Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve had to pass this unit several times during the World War Two. Typical situation why to be posted there:
- reception of novices into the RAF VR (mostly from Czechoslovak Army or civilians),
- uniform allotment, initial RAF drill
- waiting for posting to different training schools,
- waiting for posting overseas (typical training in Canada),
- waiting for posting to operation squadron or non-operational service,
- non-operational service when finsihed tour of operations,
- discharge from the RAF VR (medical reasons, aother service outside the RAF, bad character, end of hostilities, ...)
Czechoslovak Depot Stations
|St. Athan, Vale of Glamorgan||14.02.1942||08.05.1944|